Sunday, December 16, 2007

Dan Fogelberg....

I was sad to hear news that Dan Fogelberg died today. He was a great singer/songwriter. I still play his songs whenever I pull out my own guitar.

Dan Fogelberg said, "My grandfather gave me my first guitar, an old acoustic with palm trees and dancing girls painted on it." He's also quoted as saying, "My dad was vehemently opposed to electric guitars. He did not look on that kind of music as legitimate in any way." But luckily he ignored his father's distaste for electric guitars, having said,"Strats are my favorite electric guitars, and I've got quite a collection."

I remember seeing Dan Fogelberg in concert once. I went with Erin, Bill and Jenene. Bill used to visit my college dorm room with his guitar. He was a much better guitar player than I ever was, but we used to have a lot of fun playing together.

I sang or played Dan Fogelberg's "Longer Than" at more weddings than I can remember.

Check out the youtube video of Dan Fogelberg playing "The Leader of the band."

No comments: